NOTE: This project is no longer under development.
Ever wanted an easy way to extract threads from a vBulletin forum to display in
another page on your ASP.NET site? Now you can!
- Easy 3-line integration into any existing web page.
- Editable template and source code to fully customize.
- Custom parses URLs and Smilies.
- NO modification of vBulletin necessary!
- Outputs XHTML 1.1 and CSS2 compliant code.
BBCode and Smilie Support?
vBNews.NET does not use any vBulletin functions to parse posts. It has its own parser,
which currently supports URLs and Smilies. More BBCode support will be added in the future.
Why do I not use the vBulletin code? One reason is because that code is in PHP, and using it
would require a workaround like making a separate web request. More importantly,
vBulletin does not output XHTML 1.1 compliant code, which vBNews.NET does.
- Web server with ASP.NET 2.0 support. (Older ASP.NET 1.1 Version still available.)
- vBulletin 3.x.x (to grab posts from).
- MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver (to connect to database).